It’s been one year since I’ve been blogging consistently, to call myself a blogger. So, I was quite surprised when my new blogger friend Kathryn Chastain Treat at Allergictolifemybattle bestowed me with the “WordPress Family Award.”
I am humbled. I often wonder who reads these posts, and have learned that frequently readers stop by without leaving comments or pressing the like button. Just last week, I bumped into a Facebook friend who said, “I noticed you started a blog, but I have not time to read.” A few months ago, I was chastened for not posting, and then chastened for something I said. I love it, because I’m a blogger.
So, this award shows a connection that bloggers share through their words and actions, making us more than a community of bloggers, but a blogging family. I have been following Kathryn’s blog for months. She has opened my eyes to my own mother’s allergic reactions to life. At one time, I thought it was mental, mostly imagined. But Kathryn has confirmed my mother’s allergies, allowing me to even reconsider how I can live a healthier lifestyle. One way, I’m tossing all my plastics and buying Pyrex—getting rid of toxins. Kathryn and I also share being list-makers. It’s nice to meet someone obsessed with list.
Ironically, while reading Pastor Mike’s post on Mustard Seed, I noticed he gravely opposes lists, unless it’s a prayer list. It’s still a list.
As part of the award, I, too, must nominate 10 other bloggers according to the rules below. And here’s why, I’ve chosen nine out of the ten. Jen offers writing inspiration, Sharla is the first blogger friend, Joan reminds me of my faith walk, Pastor Mike has given me hope after reposting one of my prayers and others hit the like button, Morning Story and Dilbert and Wade show me that God has a sense of humor; therefore, I should laugh more. And Yahobahne writes awesome poetry and open letters, while the writers of Pages from Stages shares different stages of life, and finally Marlene reminds me that I’m writing a story for God’s glory.
1) Display the award logo on your blog; 2) Link back to the person who nominated you; 3) Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family; 4) Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them; and 5) That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
- Kathryn – allergictolifemybattle.wordpress.com/
- Jen – http://jenowenby.wordpress.com/
- Sharla- http://catnipoflife.wordpress.com
- Joan http://jokondotnet.wordpress.com
- Pastor Mike–http://mustardseedbudget.wordpress.com
- Morning Story and Dilbert http://morningstoryanddilbert.wordpress.com
- Wade- http://laughoutloudloveourlord.com
- Yahobahne “Designs”http://his4glorydotcom.wordpress.com/
- Cherie, Julane, Sara, Susan http://pagesfromstages.wordpress.com