Angela Hooks, that’s me, literary artist: author, journal-keeper, writer, instructor, page designer, mother, friend, daughter and the list goes on, but it’s not all that important. Here, at angchronicles, I’m a journal-keeper blogging about the world around me, making crazy choices, sharing my adventures, living my faith.
Instructor of English at Dutchess Community College.
Workshop leader coaching teens and adults the art of being a writer at various places. (See Workshops & Events)
Forthcoming April 2013 guest blog at Brain,Child
- The Other Side of Motherhood: Mercy on the Journey, Publish America, 2002
- WWJD, What Would Jesus Do?, Peter Pauper Press, 2004
- Contemporary American Women: On Defining Passages, 2010
- The Truth about the Fact: International Journal of Literary Nonfiction, 2009
- Cup of Comfort for Christians, 2004
- MAGAZINES & NEWSPAPERS
- Hudson Valley Parent & Hudson Valley Life
- Dutchess Magazine
- Gannett Poughkeepsie Journal
- Upscale Magazine
- Ethnic Pen Conference, Bay Shore High School, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012,2013
- Creative Writing & Pedagogy, Manhattanville College, 2013
- AAWU Girls Leadership Conference, 2009, 2010
- Big Read Panel Discussion, 2009
Where else: (Must I tell)
- Writer’s workshop facilitator at Dutchess, Ulster, Westchester county libraries
- Speaker at Millbrook Literary Festival, AmiGal Literary Retreat, Armonk Women’s Retreat, Common Thread,
- “Artist at Work,” June, July 2009
- Writer in Residence at Brinckerhoff Elementary School, Union Vale Elementary School
TV and radio appearances
- “Hit It” on WLIB (1190AM) with Dr. Jeff
- Religious News, WKIP (1450AM) with Rev. Gail Burger
- TBN-“Joys in Our Town”
- http://www.wsradio.com with Lee Mirabella
14 thoughts on “About me”
Angela, Happy to have found you. Look forward to reading your blog and reconnecting when convenient! All the best, Pamela
Angela, thank you for stopping and liking a post today. The one you chose is by far the most popular one on my blog. It has a universal and timeless message that finds people. I look forward to following your blog and the stories of a journal writer.
Icon, I look forward to our blogging discourse.
Impressive! Keep it up!
Well thank you. A good word of encouragement for today.
Hi, I am new…hope to read more from your blog…cheers
Welcome, Hope you enjoy.
Angela, Glad to have found you here! I look forward to reading more! ~marissa
Same here Marissa. Did I follow your blog?
I don’t think so, but I found you because you did like a post I had on running errands with my… son!
Yes, that was funny.
HI, Angela. Thank you for following catnip. That led me to you and now I am your newest follower! Happy blogging and best wishes in your latest ventures!
I love your site! 🙂
Experiencing a slow PC recently? Fix it now!